Before we decide to work together, we’d have a preliminary conversation to see if we’d be a good fit. Beyond experience, certifications, or specific expertise, a trusting relationship is perhaps one of the most important aspects of successful coaching.
Here are some of the questions we may discuss in a fit conversation:
- What is your experience with coaching?
- If you’ve worked with a coach before, what has and has not been helpful?
- What are you hoping to get out of coaching?
- What goals are you interested in exploring?
- Why are these goals important to you right now?
- What issues might be preventing you from accomplishing these goals?
To better understand some of your responses to the above goals, it may be helpful to look at my post on what might be getting in your way of change here.